Adopting a baby can prove to be an amazing experience, but one that will surely include its own unique set of trials and challenges. Anyone going through the adoption process, whether it’s a birth mother giving up her child for adoption or prospective parents hoping to grow their family, will rely on support from friends, loved ones, and educational materials to get through this tough task. A is 4 Adoption is here to provide unbeatable services to the United States. Unlike any adoption agency in California, our adoption center strives to cut through the red tape in order to deliver more needy children into the arms of more waiting parents.
Our experienced team is here to help you through every stage of this complex process. Beyond our support services, there is a large collection of writings that may prove entirely helpful for each person involved in the adoption process. Whether it’s a blog, novel, or research paper, the amount of adoption literature available today is impressive to say the least. Read on for a few of our favorite suggestions, and be sure to contact us for answers to any of your questions!
The adults that are looking to expand their loving family may require some extra support and information to ensure an optimal outcome. Every situation is different for each individual, creating a large selection of books and articles to choose from. While some parents are looking for memoirs to provide a valuable insight into raising an adopted child, others may be seeking out well-founded advice for how to handle some of the more unique challenges associated with raising an adopted child. Below are a few of our favorite suggestions that may prove beneficial when you’re in the midst of raising an amazing child in your expanded family:
- “Modern Families: Parents and Children in New Family Forms” is an insightful piece by Susan Golombok that looks into the modern family dynamic. The days of a wife, two-and-a-half kids, and a white picket fence have been replaced by a wide range of loving family styles. Dr. Golombok focuses on a wide range of modern families, from donors and surrogates to same-sex couples and more. While her book covers more than just adoption, the overall value of this writing is sure to bring more meaning and enjoyment to your life.
- “Adoption: Choosing It, Living It, Loving It” is a great selection for parents who are considering adoption. Written by psychologist Dr. Ray Guarendi, this book is written to clear the air on adoption and what the process really involves. As an adoptive father of 10, Guarendi has the research results and first-hand experiences to enlighten others into the many facets of adoption. If you’re on the fence, this book may be helpful in providing guidance.
- “From Pain to Parenthood: A Journey Through Miscarriage to Adoption” takes a look into adoption in regards to overcoming grief in a positive and meaningful way. The author, Deanna Kahler, writes of the pain of overcoming miscarriages and the joy that adoption has brought to her life. This book supplies a full amount of human experience, from loss to triumph.
- “Instant Mom” is an interesting look into the life of known author Nia Vardalos and her challenges and triumphs in parenting. Vardalos enlightens readers to her struggles, from surrogate parents to homeopathic approaches and more. While this book focuses on adopting a child of three years old, the heartfelt message and what it means to be a parent helps to make Instant Mom an instant hit.
- “Adopting: Sound Choices, Strong Families” is another quality installment from Patricia Johnston that takes a closer look into the pains of infertility in addition to the joys of adoption. Readers who are looking for a dose of honesty will enjoy this book, as Johnston opens up about her experiences with three adopted children and the challenges of the adoption process. Adults who are considering adoption can benefit from the hard-hitting questions asked in this piece.
- “Truly Yours: Wise Words on the Miracle of Adoption” provides a unique approach to the adoption process. While most books focus on the challenges and trials of raising an adopted child, this piece highlights many of the positives. Laura Dail is an adoptive mom with amazing insights into this world.
Choosing to adopt can be a challenge, and one that should require a lot of consideration to ensure that everyone will receive the most benefit from this complex process. Next time, we’ll continue on this topic by previewing a few books that can help both adopted and biological children to understand the challenges and opportunities associated with adopting a child. A is 4 Adoption is here to be your top choice over any adoption agency in California. Our support services cannot be beat, from comprehensive birth mother help to supportive adoptive parent guidance. Contact us today to learn more or to begin your adoption journey or fill out the form below!